Code of conduct
The FSIN Community of Practice (CoP) acts as a platform to share knowledge, best practices and lessons learned among its members comprising representatives of national, regional or global institutions, NGOs, private companies, academic institutions and individual food and nutrition security professionals
As such, it brings together a multitude of diverse peoples, languages, cultures, customs and traditions. It is apolitical and applies the highest standards of objectivity and transparency. Respect of these standards and professional self-respect is expected from all members of the FSIN Portal.
As all members hold different opinions and cultural beliefs, on-going sensitivity to potentially controversial postings and statements is required. Therefore, for all materials that are submitted for posting on the website, members must avoid using expressions that could be interpreted as biased, intolerant or offensive.
The FSIN Secretariat and its Steering Committee would like to ensure that the Portal is a place where people respect the rights and beliefs of others. We therefore request that FSIN CoP members agree to the following rules.
Ensure that the comments and content posted are NOT
- Inappropriate (derogatory, defamatory, offensive, threatening, depicting violence, invasive of the privacy of others, obscene or sexually explicit)
- Discriminatory nor based on race, nationality, ethnic origin, skin colour, religion, age, gender, sexuality, marital status, family status or disability
- Unlawful or harmful (violates or solicits local, state, national, or international law)
- Infringing the rights of any third party, including - but not limited to - intellectual property rights.
Ensure that any file uploaded to the Portal does not
- Delete author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations/labels nor, falsify the origin/source of material;
- Advertise or offer to sell goods or services;
- include spam or content not relevant to the purpose of FSIN;
- Contain viruses, Trojan horses or any computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications.
If you have any questions concerning this Code of Conduct or the use of your personal information, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.